Saturday, January 2, 2010

Handmade Christmas


If you're like me, you're always looking for ways to save money - even when it come to gifts. I hate having to be cheap, because most of the time I really like the recipient of the gift. (It would be different if I didn't like the recipient - don't you agree?) So, I decided to make some things by hand this year to help the budget a little. I think it shows people that I love them, because I'm willing to spend time and effort on their gift even if I don't spend a lot.

I got one of my favorite ideas from my Mother-in-law: REAL VANILLA!! You need 1 bottle of Myer's Dark Rum and 4-6 vanilla beans. Place the bean in the rum; store in the dark for about 6 months and voilĂ , you have real vanilla. Here comes the handmade part: I knit a cover for the bottle that is both festive and function, because it has to be stored in the dark. Don't forget to add a tag with directions!

I know this is a little late for this year, but there are plenty of occasions for gift giving, not just Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment